For our next class session, we will be discussing MLA formatting, a
citation style that you will need to use for many of your academic
papers.
This was mentioned in the syllabus as well, but
you will want to use your own reference guide, either online or in book
form, in order to look up different types of citations as you write.
You
cannot simply rely on your Professor's lecture on the subject, as there
are many different types of citations for every single type of media,
from tweets to films to books.
Here is a guide that I particularly like. Get comfortable with the site by clicking around. Bookmark it, and use it during your college career.
The site also has APA and Chicago Style, which are used for different disciplines such as history.
If you prefer to use a physical book, I recommend ordering Diane Hacker's A Pocket Style Manual.
I used to assign it in my classes, but students complained of the cost,
so I no longer require it. However, if you are willing to pay for it,
it definitely makes looking up MLA information easy.
Lastly, make sure you use the 2016 updated 8th edition of MLA only.
Sunday, October 8, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Citing Monster Theory
For your final essay, if you are creating a monster, please make sure to properly cite Monster Theory, by Jeffrey Jerome Cohen. Here is th...
-
If you have any concerns about your work, or questions about how it is graded, please make an office hours appt. with me. I'm happy to...
-
For your final essay, if you are creating a monster, please make sure to properly cite Monster Theory, by Jeffrey Jerome Cohen. Here is th...
-
1) Monsters are created through the imagination of humans, and reflect our fears about the world around us . For example, one of the thin...
No comments:
Post a Comment